SensorKit Implementation

Hello,

I am a part of a research team that has recently acquired access to the sensorKit framework. Out of the handful of projects using this framework online, the LAMP team has done the best job by far, so I was wondering if anyone was able to help me understand the implementation better. I have got a good idea of what the code does, but am confused about where it is all initiated/invoked. I have trouble finding a “main” method, if there is one. In short, what part of the code starts the whole data collection process? I found the project on GitHub.

Thank you for your time,
Nikoloz

Hi,

To use sensorKit, you have to obtain additional permission from Apple. So please work with them as a next step. We are happy to provide the implementation, but each project needs to be approved by Apple per their terms and conditions. Can you also share what project team you are on using mindLAMP and if you are part of our consortium or not.

Thanks,
John

PLEASE NOTE: This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records. See our web page at http://www.bilh.org for a full directory of Beth Israel Lahey Health sites, staff, services and career opportunities.

Hello John,
We already have permission from Apple for our project. We are not using mindLAMP, therefore we are not part of your consortium. My team is a small, professor-lead cohort of students at the University of Richmond. I was directed here by Mr. Vaidyam after I reached out to him over email. Our project researches ADHD through sensory data collected by our app, and sensorKit would provide much cleaner and more detailed information for our purposes.
Let me know if you have more questions about our project.
Thank you,
Nikoloz

Thank you for the information. If you wish to use our implementation, please apply via the consortium. If wish to compile the code yourself, you are of course free to do that as well.

Best,
John

PLEASE NOTE: This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records. See our web page at http://www.bilh.org for a full directory of Beth Israel Lahey Health sites, staff, services and career opportunities.

Thank you very much!